LIBPIV Core functions
General functions of Libgpiv
- Input/output from files or stdin/stdout.
- Data storage in ASCII format or HDF version 5 format.
- Parameter search at local directory, home directory or system wide
configuration file. If all are absent, hard-coded default values are
- Data visualization by means of gnuplot.
- Trigering of lasers and camera by using Real Time Application Interface (RTAI).
- Recording of images from (IIDC-compliant) IEEE-1394 (Firewire) camera's.
- Interrogation at the entire image or at a defined region within
the image frames resulting into a displacement field on a
- Interrogation at a single arbitrary point, along a vertical or
- FFT at competetive speed.
- Arbitrary interrogation area sizes.
- Global pre-shifting.
- Linear weighting filter or local pre-shifting (zero offsetting)
of the interrogation areas.
- Forward and central interrogation scheme
- Adaptive interrogation area sizes to obtain high resolution and
- Cross and auto correlation.
- Defining order of correlation peak to be used as
PIV data validation
- Enabling and disabling PIV estimators individually or within a
- Checking on peak-locking effects.
- Validation on outliers by SNR value or median test.
PIV data post processing
- Manipulation (flipping, rotating, ..) of the data.
- Time and spatial scaling
- Calculation of statistics and subtraction of mean values from
- Calculation of vorticity and strain by different differential
Gerber van der Graaf
email: gerber_graaf AT users DOT sourceforge DOT net
Last modified: Mon Nov 17 09:39:37 CET 2008